- You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
- A review of over 2,800 properties in 8 cities found that staged homes, on average, sold in half the time that non-staged homes did.
- Most buyers make decisions about the property they see within the first 15 seconds of entering the home.
WHAT STAGING CAN DO FOR YOU
- Location: Cannot be changed
- Size: Difficult to change
- Amenities: Can be changed
- Condition: Can be changed
Adding cost-effective amenities and improving the general cleanliness and condition of the home is what we call “staging.” When a seller stages their home, one of two things happens:
- The home becomes more valuable than other comparable properties in that price range.
- The home gets moved up in price and becomes the lowest priced in the next higher price bracket or category.*
*Based on the national best-seller SHIFT: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times by Gary Keller